Why Hire a Lactation Consultant
Miracle LC Support aids with lactation and post-birth support.
A Lactation Consultant is a health care professional that is certified with the International Board of Lactation Consultant examiners (IBCLC). They need to perform over 1000 hours of supervised breastfeeding support and 90 hours of education specializing in the management of breastfeeding and lactation support. They are then required to pass an extensive exam. They can then practice within a hospital, clinic or private setting. Together with the mom they can assist with solving breastfeeding problems, educate, advocate and communicate with the medical team.
With a nursing background, a lactation consultant can also assess mom and baby for issues beyond normal and advise the appropriate actions to take.
They are able to issue referrals as needed to other healthcare professionals, such as physicians or dentists. A plan will then be made to suit the needs of the family. With a follow-up to ensure success or further evaluation if needed.
For more information about what to expect from an Internationally Board-Certified Lactation Consultant, please visit:
Miracle LC Support Aids with Lactation and Post-Birth Support
Areas of support include:
- Positioning & latch, also addressing sore or damaged nipples
- Oversupply or insufficient milk supply
- Breast pain or Engorgement
- Plugged Ducts and/or Mastitis
- Transitioning from bottle to breast
- Tongue tie & Lip tie or Thrush
- Breast surgery - augmentation or reduction
- Inverted or flat nipples
- Premature infants
- Slow weight gain in infants
- Cluster feeding
- Breast refusal concerns
- Expressed milk storage and handling
- Breastfeeding the older baby
- Weaning or returning to work
- Baby Blues and Postpartum Depression…and much more
If any of the above sound like something you need, or if there is an issue not listed here, please Connect with Sandra!
Services are offered via phone, office, hospital or visits in your home. Learn More About Our Services.
Some extended benefit plans will cover the cost of a Lactation Consultant or for Post Birth Nursing care. An appropriate receipt will be provided for your benefit.